• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

magickbear

my ex-husband's name is on my daughter's birth certificate and she has his last name, although it is better than possible that he is not the father. we were married when i first found out that i was pregnant but divorced about 2 months before my daughter was born. my ex hasn't had any contact with my daughter since she was 9 months old and i have no idea where is or how to contact him. i have since remarried and my current husband is the only father my daughter knows, although he is not the father; we have been together since she was 6 months old, she is now almost 9 years old. i have a few questions: can i have my ex-husband's name removed from the birth certificate? can my current husband legally adopt her, change her last name and have his name put on the birth certificate? is all this possible without knowing who the biological father is? i currently live in north carolina but my daughter was born in south carolina.
thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">