• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HELP!! Married but seperated, pregnant by boy friend, husband is now in jail

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Courtenay0118

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? South Carolina

I am married but have been seperated for over 2 years, i became pregnant by my boyfriend and gave birth to his child. My husband is now in jail. How do i add my boyfriend to our childs birth certificate?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

LdiJ

I am married but have been seperated for over 2 years, i became pregnant by my boyfriend and gave birth to his child. My husband is now in jail. How do i add my boyfriend to our childs birth certificate?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Your boyfriend will have to file to establish paternity in court, via a court ordered DNA test.

mistoffolees

Why in the world would your husband's jail time make you need to add the BF to the birth certificate? That should have been done from the start.

I hope (for the child's sake) that you're going to encourage Dad to be in the child's life and not simply a paycheck while your husband is incarcerated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">