• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help me DFCS is tring to interfer in our life

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JasonPatterson

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I live in Georgia my wife tested possitive for Amphetamine when giveing birth to my son this is the second time but I have a paper that says the prescription she was taken could give a false possitive..They have no court order but want us not to stay with the kids and keep tring to make me take a hair test but I will not do it..I told them I will pee,swab,or blood for them but they are not happy with that they have no court orders at all..What should I do there are no alligations aginst me but they since we are married im involved..I can not control my wife even if it was an illegal drug she was doing..Samething happened with my other baby boy born before but they turned him over to me last time..Can we leave the state or what how do i make these people get the hell out of my life.. I need help and belive the are violating my rights even my constitutional rights..

Silverplum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I live in Georgia my wife tested possitive for Amphetamine when giveing birth to my son this is the second time but I have a paper that says the prescription she was taken could give a false possitive..They have no court order but want us not to stay with the kids and keep tring to make me take a hair test but I will not do it..I told them I will pee,swab,or blood for them but they are not happy with that they have no court orders at all..What should I do there are no alligations aginst me but they since we are married im involved..I can not control my wife even if it was an illegal drug she was doing..Samething happened with my other baby boy born before but they turned him over to me last time..Can we leave the state or what how do i make these people get the hell out of my life.. I need help and belive the are violating my rights even my constitutional rights..
They are protecting those poor children.

You have to choose: druggie wife or innocent children.

justalayman

Look I understand my kids are safe and the are tring to involve me in this matter when they have no allegations against me...I will not be bullyed by noone...
so refuse the test and they will keep the children from you. At that point you can either wait this out or consider taking some sort of action.

If you still live with your wife it is quite likely until you take a test as they demand, the children are not going to be returned to you.

It will then become a stand off and since you want what they have (your children), they can simply wait for you to act. In the meantime they will probably start sending you bills for the cost of care of your children.

I just love how you said this:

my wife tested possitive for Amphetamine when giveing birth to my son this is the second time but I have a paper that says the prescription she was taken could give a false possitive.
and in the very same post, this:

.I can not control my wife even if it was an illegal drug she was doing.
but you can control what you do. Right now they want you to prove, to their satisfaction, that you too are not using that, or any other, illegal drug. You know the old, birds of a feather thing and all. Without that the suspect the children may be in danger in your or your wife's control and are simply making sure your children are not in danger.

.Can we leave the state or what how do i make these people get the hell out of my life..
so you still live with your wife? That will cause them to not back off on their demand.

do you plan on leaving the children with the state when you and your wife leave?

Just Blue

Jason,
Why are you willing to "pee, swab, or blood (invasive), but not willing to pluck a hair off your body??:confused:

Ladyback1

Did the baby test positive for drugs?
Where did you get the paper that says the prescription would cause a false positive?
Did your wife test positive for AMPHETAMINE or METHAMPHETAMINE?
How long ago was your other child born, and was it with the same momma?

How do you the people out of your life?
Take the damn hair follicle test! But since bodily fluid testing (blood, urine swabbing) will only show drug use in the last few days (except for a few drugs which have a longer life) I suspect --as does CPS--you have used something in the last 30 days. However if they (and I) are wrong in our suspicions then you should relish the idea of proving CPS wrong!

PS: They are not violating your rights. They are trying to protect a defenseless and helpless infant.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
They have no right to make demands he stay away from his children -- if he and his wife wanted -- and there are NO COURT ORDERS, legally he and his wife can move with their children.

Just Blue

They have no right to make demands he stay away from his children -- if he and his wife wanted -- and there are NO COURT ORDERS, legally he and his wife can move with their children.
I would REALLY like an answer to my question. ;)

Ladyback1

While I cannot disagree with you: The OP makes it sound as if CPS currently has custody of the infant. It would be extremely difficult and unlikely that CPS has custody without some sort of court order.

Perhaps, the OP will come back and clarify the situation and answer a few of the questions. I find it telling that OP is willing to do the 3 easiest tests to pass and that he can control/manipulate, but is unwilling to take the one test that is extremely difficult to manipulate....

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
While I cannot disagree with you: The OP makes it sound as if CPS currently has custody of the infant. It would be extremely difficult and unlikely that CPS has custody without some sort of court order.

Perhaps, the OP will come back and clarify the situation and answer a few of the questions. I find it telling that OP is willing to do the 3 easiest tests to pass and that he can control/manipulate, but is unwilling to take the one test that is extremely difficult to manipulate....
Those three tests are NOT the easiest to pass and control quite frankly. I read it and it sounded like CPS had wanted a safety plan in place. Safety plans are voluntarily.

Proserpina

That's clearly not what OP is worried about though - he's already stated that he'll give urine, blood, whatever...just not the follicle test. Given that he's fine offering other bodily fluids, there is only one reasonable conclusion to be drawn from that. This isn't about his Constitutional rights. This is about what he thinks he can mask.

And that's another thing. He can't control what his wife does....

... but has managed to find what he thinks is a get-out-of-jail free card on her behalf just in case. How 'bout that.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
That's clearly not what OP is worried about though - he's already stated that he'll give urine, blood, whatever...just not the follicle test. Given that he's fine offering other bodily fluids, there is only one reasonable conclusion to be drawn from that. This isn't about his Constitutional rights. This is about what he thinks he can mask.

And that's another thing. He can't control what his wife does....

... but has managed to find what he thinks is a get-out-of-jail free card on her behalf just in case. How 'bout that.
Actually there is more than one conclusion to draw from that. Him using drugs 6 months ago doesn't matter. What matters is the CURRENT situation. And yeah, he can't control what his wife does. I just have to wonder why they even started talking to CPS.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">