• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help for power of attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

todd3382@comcas

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? i only have a question and am not sure what to do. my girlfriend of about 10 years is still legally married. we live in florida and her legal husband lives in indiana. she has 3 children by her husband.he is seriously ill and currently in the hospital and may die. my question is what rights does she have concerning medical care. i must add that they have a good relationship and she does not want any bad things to happen to him. she just does not know what to do and what her rights as a legal spouse are. any help would be appreciated.thank you.

ecmst12

She is his legal next of kin. She can make medical decisions for him if he is unable. However his family could fight her on it since they have been separated for so long, if her decisions would not agree with theirs.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">