• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Home Access Privileges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

texanusa

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

My ex-fiancé and I bought a house together. Both names are on the mortgage. After the split she signed a lease on an apartment and has moved in. She has walked away from all financial responsibility leaving me to pay the mortgage and all of the utilities which are now all in my name. Even tho she doesn't give any financial support she still uses her name being on the mortgage as her reasoning for being able to come and go as she pleases. And has even done things like pulling and disposing of fuses to cut off electricity to the house and also shutting off the water to the house. I do understand that this is her right as a homeowner. I'm just wondering if there is anything I can do to take away her rights to the home or keep her out of the house. I tried a restraining order, but since my life is not in danger the court won't grant it. The police have not been able to help since things have not been physical. Refinancing isn't an option since I cannot get the approval on my own. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">