• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

home alone age limit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Lori A.

i was wondering what the age limit in Nevada is for leaving children home alone?

MySonsMom

Really, there is no *magic* age. It's a parental decision based on the child(ren) involved. What are the ages(s) of the child(ren) in question?

LegalBeagle

Lori A. said:
i was wondering what the age limit in Nevada is for leaving children home alone?
18 ... you are totally responsible if something happens to a minor because you left them alone.

MySonsMom

18 ... you are totally responsible if something happens to a minor because you left them alone.
[/B][/QUOTE]

You're also responsible for them when they leave the house too. Wherever they are, wherever you are it doesn't matter. As a parent, we are responsible for our children regardless until the age of 18.

Clever LB. :) But it is true. Your child could be upstairs in their room, and you could be downstairs making dinner; you would be responsible for whatever is happening in that room. :) Actually, when you think about it in depth; can be quite scary. Especially when you have a "difficult" child.

L

Lori A.

The age of the child is 10. The reason I ask is she is my step daughter who lives in another state. I'd like to find out if anyone knows if there is a statute in Nevada for this.

MySonsMom

I'm pretty sure it's a parental decision. My stepson is 10 as well, and is able to stay home alone. The reason being, he is mature enough to handle it. He knows what to do in emergencies etc...I'm not saying that *nothing* could happen, but he is prepared. He has very strict rules as well. It has taught him alot of responsibility.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">