• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

home school issues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Rena Anthony

my divorce was granted in ky. i have custody of our 9 y/o son who is adhd and slightly learning disabled. we live about 1 hour across state lines, in ohio, from my ex.

the child has had extreme difficulties with school from day one. due to his adhd and learning difficulties, i feel that the public school system is unable to provide him with an education (as his grades show) and am considering homeschooling him.

i am a sahm with a college education and the time and patience to teach this very bright child.

BUT...the ex says that the child should remain in public school and that he would take our case before the judge to see that he stays there.

are there other cases like these? where could i read about them? does the ex have a valid case if we did return to court? are there laws that prohibit special needs from being homeschooled?

thank you for any information that you can provide.

H

HumorMe!

OK, there are only a few homeschool experts on here and that is because they homeschool their own kids. Suggestion:

Go to Yahoo. Click on clubs. Do a search using the words home and school. I am sure you will come up with several clubs and SOMEONE will be able to guide you through the ins and outs of your state.

hm

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">