• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Homestead Release & Warranty Deed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LasVegasWife

I am currently married and a resident of Nevada. My husband is a native Wisconsonite, and has recently changed residence to Nevada. There is a considerable amount of property owned and for sale in WI that was acquired prior to the marriage, but was maintained and serviced by community property funds. The property includes both a home in which we have both lived and an attached agricultural parcel. The home has been homesteaded, and I am being asked to sign a warranty deed in order to close on sale of said home.

Question 1) Can the home be sold without my signing the warranty deed and releasing my right to the homestead?

Question 2) Am I entitled to any portion of the proceeds of the sale of the home or land after liens and creditors have been satisfied?

Question 3) To what extent am I exposed with regard to debts incurred by my husband before the marriage ( i.e. Divorce settlements, commercial/personal debt, ) ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">