• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How can i remove a family member of my common law spouse/Iowa

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Truckcrew2000

Im in need of some input on how to remove my common law wifes daughter from our house.We both own this house,i have told her to leave twice and both times,her mother brought her back.The kid is 20 years old,she refuses to work,so there for i am being forced to support her.The mother and i are on the doorstep of a seperation.I am being financially wiped out because of this lazy kid,what can i do to put her out and keep her out till,her mother and i can legally seperate.......Respectfully T Richardson

usmcfamily

As you both own the house there is essentially nothing that you can do so long as the co-owner (your common law wife) is willing to allow her to be there. I suggest you attain the advice of an attorney to start the proceedings of your separation and go from there on their advice

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">