• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to change my child's middle name????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

adicus

What is the name of your state? Idaho
Hello,
I am not sure if this is the right area to post this but it is the closest I could fine. My daughter was given my middle name by accident at birth. We asked for the correction at the hospital but several months later when we ordered her birth certificate we saw that the change was not made. She was born in Florida and vital statistics there stated that because she is over 1 year old now (she is 2) we have to file a petition in a florida court to get that change made to what her middle name is supposed to be. I have looked all over the internet trying to find answers on how to do this but I don't even know where to start. I really don't want to pay a ton of money to get this done when it was their mistake. I know that we should have ordered the certificate sooner and immediately made that change but we did not think that there was a time limit to get this done. Does anyone know how I can get this done and where to even start? Thanks for any advice!
Thanks!

LdiJ

adicus said:
What is the name of your state? Idaho
Hello,
I am not sure if this is the right area to post this but it is the closest I could fine. My daughter was given my middle name by accident at birth. We asked for the correction at the hospital but several months later when we ordered her birth certificate we saw that the change was not made. She was born in Florida and vital statistics there stated that because she is over 1 year old now (she is 2) we have to file a petition in a florida court to get that change made to what her middle name is supposed to be. I have looked all over the internet trying to find answers on how to do this but I don't even know where to start. I really don't want to pay a ton of money to get this done when it was their mistake. I know that we should have ordered the certificate sooner and immediately made that change but we did not think that there was a time limit to get this done. Does anyone know how I can get this done and where to even start? Thanks for any advice!
Thanks!
You go down to your local courthouse and ask for the forms to petition for a name change.

You fill them out and file them....and you will probably have to pay a filing fee.

Unless someone is going to object to the name change (like the other parent), it should be a simple process.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">