• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I get the money back or the engagement ring

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sarangpani

How do I get the money back or get the engagement ring.

Few years ago I was engaged to this girl. As a sign of engagement I gave her an engagement ring, worth $4000. After few months she broke off the engagement. I asked for the ring. She said she would like to keep the ring as a token of friendship, and pay me for the ring. At that time she didn't have money, so she gave me check of $100 which stated that "I owe you lots". She promised to pay the remaining amount back, when she had enough money. For next few years she hardly had any money, so I never asked her. Now she makes lots of money, so I asked her to pay me back, and she refuses. The question is what can I do to get my money back or get back the ring?

All this took place in Michigan

[Edited by sarangpani on 02-17-2001 at 02:32 AM]

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: How do I get the money back or get the engagement ring.

sarangpani said:
Few years ago I was engaged to this girl. As a sign of engagement I gave her an engagement ring, worth $4000. After few months she broke off the engagement. I asked for the ring. She said she would like to keep the ring as a token of friendship, and pay me for the ring. At that time she didn't have money, so she gave me check of $100 which stated that "I owe you lots". She promised to pay the remaining amount back, when she had enough money. For next few years she hardly had any money, so I never asked her. Now she makes lots of money, so I asked her to pay me back, and she refuses. The question is what can I do to get my money back or get back the ring?

All this took place in Michigan

[Edited by sarangpani on 02-17-2001 at 02:32 AM]
My response:

This is not a "Family Law" question. This is a Contract question. Please post your questions on the Contract law board.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">