• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I write a simple contract?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zenith

My father (in China) is agreeing to give my mother (in California, US) a set amount of financial support every month if she agrees to divorce him. My mother is extremely skeptical and wants to get this in writing as an official contract. I am trying to write a simple and clear contract for them to sign. What should I have on this contract? Sorry if this is a stupid question, but thank you very much for your help. This is what I have so far:

DIVORCE TERMS​

I, NAME1, offer to pay NAME2 USD $XX.XX per month starting May 1, 2012 until she is either remarried or passes away, if she agrees to divorce me.
Time: _____________________________
Date: _____________________________
Location of Signing: _____________________________

I, NAME2, accept NAME1’s offer of USD $XX.XX per month starting May 1, 2012 until I am either remarried or pass away, if I agree to divorce him.

Last edited:

sandyclaus

My father (in China) is agreeing to give my mother (in California, US) a set amount of financial support every month if she agrees to divorce him. My mother is extremely skeptical and wants to get this in writing as an official contract. I am trying to write a simple and clear contract for them to sign. What should I have on this contract? Sorry if this is a stupid question, but thank you very much for your help. This is what I have so far:

DIVORCE TERMS​

I, NAME1, offer to pay NAME2 USD $XX.XX per month starting May 1, 2012 until she is either remarried or passes away, if she agrees to divorce me.

I, NAME2, accept NAME1’s offer of USD $XX.XX per month starting May 1, 2012 until I am either remarried or pass away, if I agree to divorce him.

We only handle questions with regard to US Law here. While your mother is in California, the contract is intended to bind your father who is in China. It seems your concern is to ensure that the contract will pass international legal requirements in order to be legally binding, and as such, we cannot help you here.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You are also attempting to practice law without a license which can get you into legal trouble (i.e. criminal trouble). Don't do it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">