• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to enforce sale of property in divorce decree?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mstrain

I live in texas and my husband's divorce decree stated that if at anytime his ex-wife cohabites or remarries she must sale the community residence. It also said that she was required to maintain the property in the condition that is was at the time of divorce.

However, the property was not maintained thus depreciated and she is now married. Now she allowed another man to live there in the past but at the time my husband had forgotten that someone just living there would count. but when she married, he remembered that.

How do we go about enforcing the court order to get the property back in it original state and then enforcing the court order to sale the property, which my husband gets 1/2 the proceeds?

And by the way, she is a very very hostile person and will refuse if we just tell her it's in the decree. We have to know what to do if she doesn't do it after we ask.

Please help!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">