• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to get him out of my condo?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pooldaydreamer

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

He moved in with me 5 years ago. We have 5 months old daughter. Since I got pregnant it has gotten absolutely unbearable, everytime after his self pitying tantrums I get to clean the house from spilages and trow away broken items. I want him out. He would not move out. He has ripped to pieces a written notice to move out twice. It takes a huge toll on my mental state. What do I do to make sure he moves out ASAP and peacefully?

Also has any of this has any bearing in a child support/custody case?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

He moved in with me 5 years ago. We have 5 months old daughter. Since I got pregnant it has gotten absolutely unbearable, everytime after his self pitying tantrums I get to clean the house from spilages and trow away broken items. I want him out. He would not move out. He has ripped to pieces a written notice to move out twice. It takes a huge toll on my mental state. What do I do to make sure he moves out ASAP and peacefully?

Also has any of this has any bearing in a child support/custody case?
You file an eviction notice in court and formally evict him as any landlord would. You evicting him? Not necessarily. Has paternity been established for the child?

pooldaydreamer

Yes it has been established.

It was an Artificial Insemination case with his material, he was also at the hospital and signed under all documentations necessary with the birth registry.
So should I act just as a landlord would, or I have different remedies available?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
It was an Artificial Insemination case with his material, he was also at the hospital and signed under all documentations necessary with the birth registry.
So should I act just as a landlord would, or I have different remedies available?
No. You are a landlord.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">