• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how to keep someone away from your child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

oso505

What is the name of your state? colorado

Is there a legal action that my husband can take to prevent another adult who is not related and has absolutely no rights to her but is aquainted with her from contacting or interacting with his child. Do parents have a right to deem another adult a negative influence with no regard for the child's well being and prohibit them from having an influence in their child's life? Does anyone know of a legal remedy to inforce this?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

oso505 said:
What is the name of your state? colorado

Is there a legal action that my husband can take to prevent another adult who is not related and has absolutely no rights to her but is aquainted with her from contacting or interacting with his child. Do parents have a right to deem another adult a negative influence with no regard for the child's well being and prohibit them from having an influence in their child's life? Does anyone know of a legal remedy to inforce this?

My response:

Yes. Here's what you should say to this person - -

"Stay away from my husband, myself, and my child."

Simple.

IAAL

O

oso505

Talking inneffective.

This woman has already been informed that we do not trust her and she is to have nothing at all to do with our family - especially my husband's daughter. She has ignored that and left several messages since. Do parents have a legal right to ban an individual from interacting with their child? She doesn't threaten any physical harm, but is trying to create problems within the family and I believe that nothing short of a very real threat of legal action will ever get her to stop.

H

happynow

I'm thinking a Louisville Slugger might help here.........

JETX

"Do parents have a legal right to ban an individual from interacting with their child?"
*** Did you even READ my post?? If not, do so!

O

oso505

Relationship and protection orders

The woman in question is a former friend who has a daughter close to the same age and uses that to try to make contact. She is not a relative and has absolutely no rights concerning my husband's daughter. She is no longer a friend of ours or my husband's ex wife as far as we know.

I did look up the website on protective orders. As a matter of fact that was our first thought, but we came here because that seems very specific to threats of physical voilence. This is not the case here. She has made no physical threats toward the child. However she is trying to cause problems between all the parents that she knows would negatively impact her. Given that and her own statements regarding her past and current lifestyle, she isn't someone that my husband wants his daughter exposed to when we don't have her.

Is there something in the law that allows a parent to determine that another adult is an unsavory character not to be involved with their child?

JETX

"Is there something in the law that allows a parent to determine that another adult is an unsavory character not to be involved with their child?"
*** Are you brain dead?? Your repeated questions have already been answered!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">