• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How much bill do I pay?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

editkalo

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Hi,

I am married. We live in a big house with my husband and my daughter.
The house is on my husband name, and he made me sign a paper that says the house is only his property.
My question is how much bill do I need to pay in this house, like PG$E, internet phone, etc....
Thanks.

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Hi,

I am married. We live in a big house with my husband and my daughter.
The house is on my husband name, and he made me sign a paper that says the house is only his property.
My question is how much bill do I need to pay in this house, like PG$E, internet phone, etc....
Thanks.
Honey,

To answer your question directly, no one can tell you how much you have to contribute to the household. Did your husband own this house prior to you getting married? You do know that you live in a community property state, right?

editkalo

No, he bought the house after we got married, but the paper I signed front of the notary says it his property. He is saying I have to pay the half of the bills since I live in the house too. I just want to that his right.

Proserpina

No, he bought the house after we got married, but the paper I signed front of the notary says it his property. He is saying I have to pay the half of the bills since I live in the house too. I just want to that his right.
There's no law saying you have to pay a certain proportion of household bills...but I have to ask, why is this even an issue?

Are you both from the US, btw? :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">