• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to protect my property.. Getting married in three weeks.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dannyd2450

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Im getting married in two weeks. I own one home outright and have two other properties with mortgages. We agreed to establish a prenup, and thought we just needed a simple document stating the properties would stay with me if we divorced. Well, apparently we cant just create a prenup addressing the houses, it needs to be a full blown prenup which goes into so much detail that it wont be ready in time.

So... what can I do in the three weeks I have to transfer my properties OR create a LLC and transfer them or??? What can I do in three weeks to protect the properties from a divorce (owned property and mortgaged)?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

Im getting married in two weeks. I own one home outright and have two other properties with mortgages. We agreed to establish a prenup, and thought we just needed a simple document stating the properties would stay with me if we divorced. Well, apparently we cant just create a prenup addressing the houses, it needs to be a full blown prenup which goes into so much detail that it wont be ready in time.

So... what can I do in the three weeks I have to transfer my properties OR create a LLC and transfer them or??? What can I do in three weeks to protect the properties from a divorce (owned property and mortgaged)?
Speak to an attorney.

For what it's worth, two weeks is PLENTY of time to get this done.

single317dad

The surest way to avoid division of property is to avoid divorce. The surest way to avoid divorce is to avoid marriage.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">