• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to remove non-biological father from birth certficate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

suey8266

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Montana

My story: I was married and husband had fertility issues so we used a donor and did IVF. When I was pregnant, he left me and we got divorced and in the divorce agreement he signed off all parental rights (even though he wasn't bio dad). Two years later I became engaged and this man wanted to become my child's legal father so he was put on the birth certificate. We never got married and broke it off a few months later. It's now almost three years later after the end of that engagement and I, as well as my ex-fiancee, want his name off the birth certificate. Can I petition the court to have his name removed? Will there be any issues considering my child's "bio" dad was a sperm donor through an in vitro clinic and he can never legally be identified?
Thanks

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

My story: I was married and husband had fertility issues so we used a donor and did IVF. When I was pregnant, he left me and we got divorced and in the divorce agreement he signed off all parental rights (even though he wasn't bio dad). Two years later I became engaged and this man wanted to become my child's legal father so he was put on the birth certificate. We never got married and broke it off a few months later. It's now almost three years later after the end of that engagement and I, as well as my ex-fiancee, want his name off the birth certificate. Can I petition the court to have his name removed? Will there be any issues considering my child's "bio" dad was a sperm donor through an in vitro clinic and he can never legally be identified?
Thanks
What sort of fraud did you commit in order to put the man's name on the birth certificate?

Proserpina

Thanks
Suey, could you please tell us just how many fathers you intend this child to have?

Thanks.

LdiJ

Thanks
You seriously messed up and it may be something that you cannot undo. Please get a consult with a local attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">