• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to serve new order on other party

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sdnoncustodial

After over a year of postponements and delay hearings, my modified OSC is finally signed by the judge. I had filed this new order with the court clerk. I have some questiongs regarding what to do with the new order.

1. Do I serve the order on her attorney or on my ex-wife ? All papers before the final hearing had been serve to her attorney so far via mail. Can I use this same method ? By mail v.s in person ?

2. Does the new order becomes effective the day it's filed with the court or the day I serve it to my ex-wife/attorney ?

3. Is there a time requirement(s) for serving this new order on her/her attorney ?

Any helps would be much appreciate. I'm in pro-per and this is my first time in court to ask for visitation modifications.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

sdnoncustodial said:
After over a year of postponements and delay hearings, my modified OSC is finally signed by the judge. I had filed this new order with the court clerk. I have some questiongs regarding what to do with the new order.

1. Do I serve the order on her attorney or on my ex-wife ? All papers before the final hearing had been serve to her attorney so far via mail. Can I use this same method ? By mail v.s in person ?

ANSWER: If your ex is still represented by counsel, and you are representing yourself, you attached a "Proof of Service" as the last page and have SOMEONE ELSE over the age of 18 sign it, and mail it (properly filled in) to the opposing attorney. If she is no longer represented, then you have it mailed to your ex with a Proof of Service.

2. Does the new order becomes effective the day it's filed with the court or the day I serve it to my ex-wife/attorney ?

ANSWER: It becomes effective on the day your Original Proof of Service is filed with the court.

3. Is there a time requirement(s) for serving this new order on her/her attorney ?

ANSWER: Normally, you have 30 days to serve an order. But, obviously, the sooner the better. AND REMEMBER TO FILE THE PROOF OF SERVICE WITH THE COURT.

Any helps would be much appreciate. I'm in pro-per and this is my first time in court to ask for visitation modifications.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">