• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How wouldI contest a will?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Lovedad

I do not know what is in my fathers will yet, but he is dieing of cancer and I believe his current wife is influencing him to exclude me from the will.

She has made statements of being fearful that I will take their house from her when he dies etc. I have not given her any reason to have this concern. I am not looking to make a fortune and I am sure his insurance will only pay off his house. There are personal things of my fathers that I would like to have, and I have reason to believe she will influence my father that I do not love him so he will not give them to me. These personal items existed before he met his current wife. I would like the crystal eagle I gave my dad for fathers day, and I would like his bible. I do not think that is to much to ask for. I believe that is a very unselfish thing to ask for. I feel my stepmother will try to keep me from having these items. She is a very manipulative women.
She has fear of me because I am his only little girl and she and I have had our differences in the past and she holds my faults as a child against me. She has no right to do this because she did not exist in our life during our family problems that occurred before she came in our lives.
She has tried to convince my father I do not love him etc. What do you recommend I do before I am excluded from my rights as his child? My father has three children. My older brother is executer of the estate. I feel she is doing the same type thing to my little brother. She has pushed him out of my fathers life also. I am a though cookie though and do stand my ground and stay in touch with my father regardless of what she thinks of me.

I am not being advised of any details of the will per my step mothers request. Granted my father is still alive, he is dieing of cancer and in an emotional state with a manipulative spouse. I do not think my father is strong enough to stand his ground for what he whole heartedly wants, for fear she will leave him and him being alone as he is dieing. What are the steps I should take or what should I do if I find ut I get nothing? He lives in Colorado Springs, Colorado. I live in Alabama.
Sincerely,
Concerned daughter

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">