• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is husband considered legal guardian if under 21 but over 18

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

alayne

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

Okay, I recently married my husband who is 22, and I am 20. Although I am a legal adult, I am still under 21 and in that respect, a minor. Now when visiting establishments that requires those who are under 21 to be accompanied by an adult or legal guardian because alcohol is served, is he considered my guardian? I have issues with Dave and Buster's (restaurant and game arcade) whose policy is that all guests under 21 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who is 25 or older. If he is legally my guardian, by their policy, should I be allowwed to visit, regardless of his age?

stephenk

he is not your guardian. a guardian is a legal process that results in the guardian have the same duties and powers to make decisions over the person under the guardianship.

becoming your husband does not make him your guardian.

plus the place you want to go to requires guardians to be over 25.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">