• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Husband refuses to let me leave state with kids

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kshawnb

What is the name of your state? West Virginia
I moved away about 1 year ago to Tennessee with my children. We were living with my "almost" fiance. We have had 2 terrible fights that got out of control. On one occassion, my 6 year old little girl was there. They both overheard me talking to my mother about what he had done, and it scared them. They told my ex husband and when I told him I wanted to go and work things out he refused and said he would take the kids from me. He said that he would take them from me if I went back. I love my fiance and know he would never hurt my children. What happened got out of control and and we really want to work it out. Can my husband stop me from going back, and would my kids have to go to court or be questioned.

Silverplum

kshawnb said:
I moved away about 1 year ago to Tennessee with my children. We were living with my "almost" fiance. We have had 2 terrible fights that got out of control. On one occassion, my 6 year old little girl was there. They both overheard me talking to my mother about what he had done, and it scared them. They told my ex husband and when I told him I wanted to go and work things out he refused and said he would take the kids from me. He said that he would take them from me if I went back. I love my fiance and know he would never hurt my children. What happened got out of control and and we really want to work it out. Can my husband stop me from going back, and would my kids have to go to court or be questioned.
You should probably just give primary custody to the father of the kids, so you can go live your real life.

moburkes

kshawnb said:
You have a husband, AND an ex-husband, and an "almost" fiance? By the way, what is an "almost" fiance? Just curious?

fairisfair

moburkes said:
You have a husband, AND an ex-husband, and an "almost" fiance? By the way, what is an "almost" fiance? Just curious?
I think it is one of those guys who gets you a little bit pregnant??:D

4kids4me

Ok are you really that dense? You dont realize that he is hurting your children emotionally? What kind of example are setting for them that it is ok to loose control sometimes? That a man should treat them that way or they should treat a woman that way? As a parent you are suppose to give up anything or anyone that could harm your child physically, emotionally or any other way. Parenthood first relationship second.

ezmarelda

kshawnb said:
I am still trying to make sence out of this...You say your state is WV...but you moved to TN with your "almost fiance"(not even going there) Your child told your "ex-husband" about the fight...you told "ex-husband" you were going back(where is back)...and now you want to know if your "husband" can stop you from moving....aaaagggghhhh...my head hurts

Nobody can stop you from moving, however it may be possible for the father of your children to prevent you from taking his/your children with you

AHA

kshawnb said:
Your children are obviously afraid of your bf/fiance/hubby/whatever-he-is-this-minute, so you have to ask yourself who is more important, your kids or your bedpal? Since your kids confided in their dad instead of you, that speaks volumes about who they should be with.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">