• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Husband's ex-wife using her new married name for their son

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wendune

I am from South Dakota. My husband's ex-wife (from he**)has enrolled his (their) son in school using her new married name. Her mother has written out checks to my step-son using the wrong last name. He brought his baseball glove over one weekend with her new married name written as his last name, then to top it off, we drove to where he lives (only an hour away) to watch one of his basketball games and the back of his shirt had her new married name on it as his last name!!! His library card, his middle school ID card, checks, baseball gloves, basketball jerseys all show the wrong last name on them. Needless to say, my husband is VERY upset as am I. He pays his child support of $300/mo every month. He has never missed picking him up for the scheduled visitation (every other weekend) in nine years!! Should we take her to court over this. In my opinion, what she is doing is illegal. Am I correct?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">