• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Husbands rights to be with children

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Krysten Maxwell

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nevada

A married man leaves his home for the night after an argument then decides after a few nights away that a divorce is eminent. He stays away at nights but wants to be there to spend time with his children. Whenever he goes home to spend time with them, the wife starts arguing and he leaves again. Does he have the right to come after work everyday and pick up the children and take them somewhere for several hours? Does she have the right to not allow him to do this?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Krysten Maxwell does not sound like the husband .... but these days you never know ;-)
Nor is it written as though it is the wife. In any event, it would be best if one of the (legally) involved parties were to ask about their situation.

And I will assume that the "wink" at the end was not a veiled attempt at a Jenner/transgender joke. If it was? Be advise that, as the parent of a transgendered individual? I am not amused.

STEPHAN

And I will assume that the "wink" at the end was not a veiled attempt at a Jenner/transgender joke. If it was? Be advise that, as the parent of a transgendered individual? I am not amused.
I am sorry, I did not intend to offend you. I was only referring to the fact that this is a female name, if someone changes his gender, he would also change his name, right?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Both parents have equal rights to the children and marital household until a court decides otherwise. However, transgender jokes are not appropriate and I don't think Stephan was making one. But just in case. AND we prefer ONE OF THE PARTIES to actually post. WHO ARE YOU?

Proserpina

What I find amusing is when a post begins thusly ..

"A married man leaves his home .... "

I'm half expecting the next line to be " ... and walks into a bar".

But that's just me.

STEPHAN

However, transgender jokes are not appropriate and I don't think Stephan was making one.
Just to clarify one more time: I was referring to the name "Krysten" clearly sounding female to me. But nowadays you can name you kid anything, so I do not know for sure.

Krysten Maxwell

I am the husband's cousin, he is next me but not great with computers. All we are looking for is the law. He wants to spend time with children but when he goes home she starts all sorts of drama and he just wants to avoid that. I told him I would ask you all and see if he could just take the kids to a park or to ice cream to hang out with them alone.

Silverplum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nevada

A married man leaves his home for the night after an argument then decides after a few nights away that a divorce is eminent. He stays away at nights but wants to be there to spend time with his children. Whenever he goes home to spend time with them, the wife starts arguing and he leaves again. Does he have the right to come after work everyday and pick up the children and take them somewhere for several hours?
Yes, he does.

Krysten Maxwell said:
Does she have the right to not allow him to do this?
Yes, she does.

That's because they stand equal with equal rights to their shared children.

They need to agree to a parenting time schedule. If Mom won't cooperate, Dad will have to file for divorce and include a request for parenting time. Especially if he is not good at using computers for research, he needs an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">