• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hyphenate minor's name

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TERESE26

I live in Atlanta Georgia and I am just curious to know if I have to get consent from my child's (bio)father. I have been marriedfor 3 years now and my son considers my husband his father. My son's real father acts like he wants to be involved, but for 6 years has done close to nothing. Can I hyphenate my son's name without consulting him?? I 'm not trying to take his bio dads name off I just want to add my husband's last name on.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

HomeGuru

I live in Atlanta Georgia and I am just curious to know if I have to get consent from my child's (bio)father. I have been marriedfor 3 years now and my son considers my husband his father. My son's real father acts like he wants to be involved, but for 6 years has done close to nothing. Can I hyphenate my son's name without consulting him?? I 'm not trying to take his bio dads name off I just want to add my husband's last name on.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
**A: you would need to get consent from the state.

LdiJ

You would need dad's consent or consent from the court.

TERESE26

:( I just don't want any drama and I don't want things to be confusing as far as school is concerned. Honestly we want to add on so he feels like he is apart of everything. He has asked us a few times why his last name is different.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
:( I just don't want any drama and I don't want things to be confusing as far as school is concerned. Honestly we want to add on so he feels like he is apart of everything. He has asked us a few times why his last name is different.
So tell him: well your daddy and mommy have different last names and your last name is the same as your daddy's because you are a part of him.

Why don't you hyphnate your last name? I I ever get remarried I will hyphenate my last name. Just a thought****************************..

AHA

So, as you've been told, get permission from daddy or from the court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">