• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I am 19, dating a 16 year old.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

across0890

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado.
I am a 19 year old boy and I am dating a 16 year old girl. We are planning on having sex. Is this legal in Colorado?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado.
I am a 19 year old boy and I am dating a 16 year old girl. We are planning on having sex. Is this legal in Colorado?
Having sex with a 16-yr old girl in Colorado can earn you a criminal record. Someone will correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the age of consent is 17.

across0890

Actually, her mom is okay with it. She wants us to get married, even. She doesn't truly want us to have sex; however, she says that it's ultimately up to us, and we have to be safe.

justalayman

Actually, her mom is okay with it. She wants us to get married, even. She doesn't truly want us to have sex; however, she says that it's ultimately up to us, and we have to be safe.
while that is what you heard, mom actually said:

I know you are probably having sex. I can't really stop you and I do not believe it is the best thing for my daughter but if you do have sex, be safe and use a condom. If you do get her pregnant, I expect you to do the right thing and marry her. Oh, btw, her dad is going to kill you when he finds out you are molesting our daughter.

across0890

while that is what you heard, mom actually said:

I know you are probably having sex. I can't really stop you and I do not believe it is the best thing for my daughter but if you do have sex, be safe and use a condom. If you do get her pregnant, I expect you to do the right thing and marry her. Oh, btw, her dad is going to kill you when he finds out you are molesting our daughter.
1. Her mom said she wanted us to get married in a totally different conversation.
2. I am going to marry her.
3. Why doesn't anyone believe it when someone my age says that they are going to get married? You can't judge someone based upon their age (1 Timothy 4:12). It's just not right. Why can't y'all believe me when I say that I am going to marry her. Simple.
4. If she had a dad, that would be a possibility.

Hisbabygirl77

You really love her? Great then prove it. Wait for her to grow up then worry about a relationship with her. I dont care how mature you think you both are. The most mature thing you could do is let her be a child. Dont steal that from her.

cyjeff

Are you really using scripture in your argument about why is should be okay to fornicate with a child outside of marriage?

Really?

Mom cannot make the illegal legal. Marry her first, then have sex.

RRevak

Are you really using scripture in your argument about why is should be okay to fornicate with a child outside of marriage?

Really?

Mom cannot make the illegal legal. Marry her first, then have sex.
I almost choked on the crackers i'm nibbling on at that one too :eek:

across0890

You really love her? Great then prove it. Wait for her to grow up then worry about a relationship with her. I dont care how mature you think you both are. The most mature thing you could do is let her be a child. Dont steal that from her.
Okay. I would like my response to be read with no prejudgements or bias. Our whole relationship (meaning friendship up until now) has been based upon the Lord. We began our friendship when she was a freshman. In her sophomore year, she came to me with advice about a guy that was giving her problems. I came to find out every intimate detail of her life in that month, and, in the months following, Christ worked through me to help her. To save her. At the point she entered my life for advice, she found herself nearing the point of suicide, and she cut herself for years prior. I came to help her to change from that girl who hated herself, to the woman who loved herself and built herself up in the Lord every day.
It wasn't until after this that my feelings of admiration and love for her revealed themselves to me. The Lord told my sister, her, and me at this point that Hannah and I would commence a romantic relationship in Him and His will. We then began a relationship, not based upon infatuation or personal desire, but out of true love for Jesus Christ and out of the yearning for what is best for each other. Nearing the end of our last summer, God promised us we would be together until at least December. In knowing this, God gave us the choice to introduce a level of physicality to our relationship. We did not begin to have sex, nor have we done so since then. Within the next month, God made it clear to me that this woman is made for me, she is my wife. I did not bring this up to her, for I know that God works in individuals at different times. Three weeks later, He finally made it clear to her that she and I would marry.
Now, after discussing with the Lord Jesus Christ, we have indeed arrived at the choice of whether to have sex or not. Being Christians, we are devout to the word of the Lord. Therefore, we are justified through Christ in the following reasons:
One, God transcends time, if she is meant for me as a wife, she IS, indeed, my wife.
Two, we have promised our covenant to each other, with our two friends in the Lord as witnesses, with the Lord Jesus Christ.
Three, we have faith in each other and Christ, we have hope in this life with Him, and we truly love each other. Love never fails. We will succeed.
Four, we are justified under the word of Christ, for, in Him, the most beautiful and perfect plan will always happen.
We have chosen to embrace His good and perfect will for our lives. She, in no way, is a child. She is so mature. She is a very beautiful woman, in whom resides the peace and love of Christ. Being an adult is not judged upon age, it is judged by God. God has promised her to me, and I her. He has instilled in us His will and entrusted us with His faith in us and our choice, as we are in Him. 1 Timothy 4:12 states "Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity." Therefore, I speak not in vain, but as a son and beloved disciple of the Lord Jesus Christ, in whom there is perfection. You may not discount my words based upon my age alone. Believe me not, if you will, for the Lord Jesus Christ knows all and hopes all things, and His opinion is all that matters. I hold not the necessity to prove myself nor the Lord Jesus Christ to anyone.

Hisbabygirl77

Sex outside of marriage is christian values? Really? Your not hearing the Lord boy. Your hearing your own selfish desires. Oh and I believe Christ said Give unto Ceaser that which is his. You are suppose to obey the laws of the land. You have sex with her you are breaking those laws. Please dont you dare warp what you are doing into any kind of christ based excuse. SHE IS A CHILD I dont care how mature you think she is. LEGALLY she is a child. So reign in your hormones stop voicing your hypocrosies and back the heck off the baby

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">