• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I want to drop charges.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

navywifekell12

What is the name of your state? Maryland.My husband was arrested on Thursday for grabbing me by the throught and was told he couldn't have any contact with me or our children. However I would like to have all charges dropped. Will the state of Maryland allow me to drop all charges? Thank you for any advice!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
No. You do not have that call. You will be subpoenaed and forced to testify. This is the State vs. Your Abusive Husband... not you vs. your abusive husband. Apparently that exact situation prompted you to call 911. Why would you want your husband around you if he grabbed you by the throat? let me guess -- he won't do it again. He sent you flowers/candy/a card/apologies. It was a one time thing.
Let me just let you know something -- you let him around the kids and the kids get hurt by him, YOU will go to jail for allowing it.

navywifekell12

Yes that was the first time hes ever hurt me and we've been together for 9 years.I didn't call 911.And no he didn't send me flowers or anything like that hes not even allowed to contact me in any form whatsoever.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You still do not have that call. Somehow the police got involved. Either you called them and are now recanting, the police witnessed it (which is definitely not going to get dropped) or the neighbors heard or saw it and called. Either way, it is the state vs. him and not you. The State will prosecute and penalize him. And if found guilty he will be forbidden contact with you at all. There are consequences to actions.

AHA

navywifekell12 said:
Will the state of Maryland allow me to drop all charges?
No, because that will mean that a possible dangerous man, who might kill a woman or a child next time, will walk away a free man, and THAT would be a disregard of the system. Be grateful!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

firedaddy03

D/v

Florida. This happened to me,without the violence though ! She asked the cop what can I charge him with, he said D/V because I toched her hand when I tried to get my keys back.
Only works with married couples. She asked for grand thieft auto.I moved our car 2 feet.
She droped the charges the next day.I never imagined you could charge someone without any hitting,kicking,yelling,pushing,etc. She scratched my arm badly.Whoever calls first wins! The state came after me weeks later like I was an axe muderer.Over 5K later & a disbarred attorney,many court days,no one thare to say a bad word against me.I had to take a plea with a public definder,probation(they will call it-diversion)I had no record ever.Now my job may find this before I can have it exsponged(that realy means money,and putting you in a database of criminals)
I did win custody of my son from her. Good Luck !!!!! See a good atorney.
Your man needs some counciling, don't fool yourself.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">