• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

i want to get married

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ladiidreamer

i need help

my name is paula from california. im currently 16 and my fiance is 22. we want to get married and have my parents consent but i was wondering can this cause him any problems? please help us. we also want to get married since i am pregnant

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Only if you guys have already had sex....
My guess would be yes since she is pregnant but she could have slept around with others. Oh and marriage will NOT protect then-hubby from being prosecuted for any crimes dealing with said pregnancy.

dad43

unfortunately, even though a judge would maybe shake his head in wonder, a parent could probably still throw your "fiance" in jail for statutory rape. just out of curiousity, and this isn't a legal thing, but why get married?and what is keeping your parents from throwing him in jail? besides the fact if he is in jail, you can't get child support, therefore THEY will be supporting another child?

i married my 1st wife when she was 17, i was 22...and ONLY because i was in the military, and the only way we could pay for the birth, as me and her parents made too much for her to be on medicaid(or i was told:rolleyes:), and also so that i could ENSURE my child would be taken care of. aside from that, i wouldn't have done it...and a bit of advice, we were married for exactly 13 months...

Just Blue

unfortunately, even though a judge would maybe shake his head in wonder, a parent could probably still throw your "fiance" in jail for statutory rape. just out of curiousity, and this isn't a legal thing, but why get married?and what is keeping your parents from throwing him in jail? besides the fact if he is in jail, you can't get child support, therefore THEY will be supporting another child?

i married my 1st wife when she was 17, i was 22...and ONLY because i was in the military, and the only way we could pay for the birth, as me and her parents made too much for her to be on medicaid(or i was told:rolleyes:), and also so that i could ENSURE my child would be taken care of. aside from that, i wouldn't have done it...and a bit of advice, we were married for exactly 13 months...
Dad43...Please stop advising others. You are not taking the time to look up the state statute before responding ...which isn't fair to those who's threads you post to.

In California the AOC is 18. This girls parents can NOT through anyone in jail. Only the states Prosecutor can issue a warrant for an arrest...which they WILL DO when the MANDATED REPORTER (ie...OBGYN or any teacher, social worker, attorney, daycare provider, counselor or just a good citizen that object to an adult molesting a child) reports this ongoing FELONY RAPE.

OP is not going to be able to marry in any state. Period. Her BF will go to prison for statutory rape. Period. And if her parents are aware of this situation and are not reporting the rape of their CHILD then they may face criminal charges as well.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Dad43...Please stop advising others. You are not taking the time to look up the state statute before responding ...which isn't fair to those who's threads you post to.

In California the AOC is 18. This girls parents can NOT through anyone in jail. Only the states Prosecutor can issue a warrant for an arrest...which they WILL DO when the MANDATED REPORTER (ie...OBGYN or any teacher, social worker, attorney, daycare provider, counselor or just a good citizen that object to an adult molesting a child) reports this ongoing FELONY RAPE.

OP is not going to be able to marry in any state. Period. Her BF will go to prison for statutory rape. Period. And if her parents are aware of this situation and are not reporting the rape of their CHILD then they may face criminal charges as well.
Actually she could marry with parental permission in many states. However the other issues still remain.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">