• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I Want My Daughter Out Of My House

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nkk0820

What is the name of your state? Nebraska

I have a 19 year old daughter. She graduated from high school over a year ago and was enrolled in the Nebraska Job Corps Program in September of 2004. She decided to quit Job Corps when she turned 19 and moved back home. Since June of this year, she has had 4 jobs, none of them has lasted for more than a month. Two she quit, one she was fired from for her bad attitude. I give her ultimatums to find employment. She was not given a job at one place she applied because of her bad references. Then she lied to me and said that she had secured a job and was supposed to start next week. I found out today that she lied to me about this to get me off her back. She sits around the house all day and does not help with anything, messes up the house and has stolen money from us. I have taken away every luxury I can think of, including internet at home, cable TV and just about everything I can think of. Can I legally kick her out of my house, and if so, how can I enforce it? I don't want my daughter to be homeless, but I am sick of being lied to and taken advantage of. Any advice????

Shay-Pari'e

Yes, you can legally kick her out. Kid's can be tough to raise, and I do feel for you. You want what is best, yet she messes things up.

So, Good Luck,......you can legally kick her out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">