• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Illinois-No help from atty-Desperate!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MarianneV

Illnois - desperate and destitute!
I need someone's advice, quickly. My divorce ended 12/4/00 with the order to have back child support, my title to my car sent, emancipation of my daughter, and an agent of mine to get my awarded things by January 4, 2001 (within 30 days of divorce decree). Nothing has been done.

My attorney tells me how she calls the respondent's attorney but gets no answers. That's it! She has done nothing else. I've heard the respondent (the ex) has destroyed and/or hidden my things with intent on my not getting them. I am financially destitute from this, am living with a friend who was kind enough from keeping me from living on the street. I have creditors at my door because of the expense of this divorce (I was depending on getting the settlement by the assigned date to pay my creditors). I have become physically disabled because of all of this, increasing stress which has accelerated my rhuematoid arthritis and scoleosis to the point that I cannot work anymore. I cannot drive my car because he refuses to give me the title, I cannot get new plates or insurance for it. Since I was forced from my home, (2 yrs ago as he is an abusive alcoholic and my 18 yr old son was physical against me. The counselors and law enforcement warned me to get as far away as possible for my safety) has caused me great financial distress. I no longer have any money to continue on, yet my attorney keeps wanting me to return to IL to file a "rule to show cause". She cannot seem to help me with an injunction against him to protect my things, or prepare and file the proper paperwork for my share of his company sponsored 401K. What can I do? I cannot go back to Illinois physically or financially and my attorney is aware of this, yet seems to want me to still come. She is not pro-active. Can someone please advise me on this? My attorney seems only to have time to call the other side, who continues to ignore her, while my husband makes plans to destroy, sell or hide my things when he moves soon. I am desparate and at a loss as to what to do... Any input, would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

M

MarianneV

Insulting, Grandma B?

I think not...but if you want to think that way...well, I won't stop you. I just wonder, tho....what do you call his mean-hearted name calling? Again, I only asked for responses of intelligence, maturity and in reply to my question, I did not come here to get arrogant insults and nasty comments from a lesser crowd.

I will no longer respond to these immature comments or replies.....have a nice day :)!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

I already told you that you wouldn't be receiving any answers to your perceived problems. No one is even reading your posts.

When you come back with snotty little answers, this is what you get and deserve.

Remember this ?

Originally posted by MarianneV

"I am sorry you could not search for my earlier reply, it was on the same page, just a little down from this one. Sorry it would be a problem for you to look a little for it."

And now, you have the temerity to post your Sad Sack story again, and believed that someone would want to respond to you ?

Lady, we don't care.

IAAL

[Edited by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE on 02-18-2001 at 12:27 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">