• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Income Tax

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BadgerBon

Hello, I am from Wisconsin. In my divorce settlement agreement, it says that until my income "from all sources" reaches $20,000, my ex-husband will be able to claim our son on his income taxes as a deduction. Once I reach $20,000, he and I will alternate years in which we can claim him. I am now remarried. Does my current husband's income count as the $20,000? We file jointly. Thank you.

G

Grandma B

The Judge would have been speaking of your personal income, not that of a future spouse, just as your spouse's income is not considered in calculating child support amounts.

HomeGuru

Very astute GrandmaB. So the writer should have her husband hire her for the amount needed in order to reach the 20K income.

G

Grandma B

Now that is utmost "astutity" (and a wonderful suggestion)!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">