• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Injunction Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

irkz87

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Hi, i have just a few questions. Recently, i heard that a my girlfriends parents were trying to place a injunction order on me. As I've been looking this up on the web, i see its some kind of restraining order. Her parents were not on good terms with me for awhile, but then we straighten things out. although we never became close, or even really talked at all, i still had no idea they still hated me, recently there has been some issues concerning my girlfriend that i didn't have anything to do with, except for one incident were she snook out of the house and we hung out for awhile, then i brought her home, yet they had no idea it was me, they just assumed. The other things tho i had nothing to do with, but they still assumed that was me as well. My main question is can i do anything to stop this injunction order from happening as i see that, yes i did something wrong, but nothing huge, everyone sneaks out with there boyfriend, and yet all a sudden they are trying to do this. The hearing for this is tomorrow, i found out from my girlfriend, not them. So can i stop it? can i get rid of it? um how do i know if they actually go through with it, i mean do i get something in the mail or what? I just don't understand how this could be done and yet me not really having to much to do with the situation anyway, and if weren't for my girlfriend, i never would've known they were gonna place the order on me anyway... I know my questions may be a little confusing, but if anyone could help me asap that would be great. The hearing is tomorrow... THANKS!

LdiJ

she is 16 and i am 18
Then yes, they absolutely can get an injunction against you if they don't want you seeing their daughter, and since you are a legal adult, you better stay the heck away from her if they do, because the consequences for you would be serious.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">