• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lynnreg

In the state of Texas can I sue a woman who has had an affair with my husband and the union produced two children out of wedlock? Can I sue her for Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress? I know that in some states this can be done. But I specifically need to know if the state of Texas allows this.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

lynnreg said:
In the state of Texas can I sue a woman who has had an affair with my husband and the union produced two children out of wedlock? Can I sue her for Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress? I know that in some states this can be done. But I specifically need to know if the state of Texas allows this.

My response:

You are, in essence, asking if Texas authorizes a Cause of Action for "Alienation of Affection".

Here's your answer:

Texas Statute
§ 1.107. Alienation of Affection Not Authorized

A right of action by one spouse against a third party for alienation of affection is not authorized in this state.

Other than divorce, you have no other recourse.

Good luck to you.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">