• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Inter Family Marriage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

windygal

What is the name of your state? Idaho

My new husbands ex is remarried to her cousin and according to Idaho state law this is illegal. They reside in Idaho. I fear this is setting a bad example for the children and am wondering what (if anything?) can we do about showing this is not healthy and obtaining full custody of the only remaining daughter under the age of 18.

Thanks for your replies

H

hexeliebe

Just go up there and take him by the hand, lead him out into the woods and shoot the damn thing off. Then it's legal.

nextwife

At 40, it all don't work so well without "help", so don't fret about the reproducing part. Been there (but not with my cousin)!

In many states if the plumbing doesn't work, this marriage is not illegal. I doubt that alone will be enough to change custody. In many cultures cousin marraige is not prohibited. Just ask Jerry Lee Lewis.

FYI: http://www.ncsl.org/programs/cyf/cousins.htm

JETX

"My new husbands ex is remarried to her cousin and according to Idaho state law this is illegal. They reside in Idaho."
"If their marriage is in fact illegal, contact the county clerk where the marriage was recorded."

"I fear this is setting a bad example for the children and am wondering what (if anything?) can we do about showing this is not healthy and obtaining full custody of the only remaining daughter under the age of 18."
*** Yeah, right!! Like your concern is ONLY about their marriage setting a bad example, huh?? Would you be concerned enough about parental rights if one of them was a 'busybody' with no intent other than to disrupt THEIR family for that person own 'gain'??? Of course not, because then the child wouldn't be going home with 'daddy'.

No, it will likely NOT be sufficient enough reason for the court to change the custody.

"At 40, it all don't work so well without "help", so don't fret about the reproducing part."
*** Darling, I truly sympathize with you if that is the case. I am over 40 and still have all 'functions' operational WITHOUT any assistance. Wanna find out??? :D

nextwife

"They reside in Idaho"

Betcha they didn't marry in Idaho. It's legal in a great many states.

""At 40, it all don't work so well without "help", so don't fret about the reproducing part."
*** Darling, I truly sympathize with you if that is the case. I am over 40 and still have all 'functions' operational WITHOUT any assistance. Wanna find out??

Thanks for the offer, JET. But i'm no longer interested in makin' babies. At age 49, having a first grader is enough parenting for me.

But nice to know it all works fine. I quess when you're a JET you're a JET ALL the way.

nextwife

When you're a Jet,
You're a Jet all the way
From your first cigarette
To your last dyin' day.

When you're a Jet,
If the spit hits the fan,
You got brothers around,
You're a family man!

You're never alone,
You're never disconnected!
You're home with your own:
When company's expected,
You're well protected!

Then you are set
With a capital J,
Which you'll never forget
Till they cart you away.
When you're a Jet,
You stay a Jet!
Agreed. Brilliant!

BTW, A couple of interesting NPR audio archives:

http://discover.npr.org/features/feature.jhtml?wfId=1080697
NPR 100/ West Side Story ....

http://discover.npr.org/features/feature.jhtml?wfId=1132059
In honor of the 40th anniversary of the film West Side Story, we speak with cast members....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">