• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

it's been 15 year since last contact

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

spanky0666

What is the name of your state? california
back in 1990 my wife and me sepreated due to,,,,well to be honest we just didn't have the same idea of how our lifestyles shopuld be. we had agreed that she would have custidy and i would have visitation. as time went on and i finally was in a place where i could,,,actualy til then my live situations was not sufficant for son (2 yyear old) to stay over,,, feel ok with my son over for weekend visits and the agrement between us also reflected that. one weekend when my son was over and i stepped out for a minute and my roommates were watching over son asleep, my ex- went by using some excus got my room mates to allow her to say good night to son, who was already asleep,. when i returned home i found thing in my room where son was sleeping that suggested that she may have had other thoughts of endangering my legal freedom. the next day,which was sunday, i confrounted her and informed her that due to her actions that night that i wanted to reverse to agreement, and she said that she would agree. on monday son had dr appt she had to take him to and when i went to where she was living i found out that she wasn't there, and from that day i haven't seen or hear from her or my son( attime when she left she was pregant with my child" suppose to be twines") what i need to know is this.... i think, after seeking houndreds of people seaches, i might have found her whereabouts and now im affraid that if i try to contact her or my son, who will be 18 in august, that i may have to 1 pay all that back child support. 2 she may disappear again and this time i may never find my son and 3 i might get a wild hair knowing it's her and try to go to her location and make attempt to seeing son and things go wrong and i end up freedomless. any advice would be greatly accepted and taken with much thought. thank all who can help.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? california
back in 1990 my wife and me sepreated due to,,,,well to be honest we just didn't have the same idea of how our lifestyles shopuld be. we had agreed that she would have custidy and i would have visitation. as time went on and i finally was in a place where i could,,,actualy til then my live situations was not sufficant for son (2 yyear old) to stay over,,, feel ok with my son over for weekend visits and the agrement between us also reflected that. one weekend when my son was over and i stepped out for a minute and my roommates were watching over son asleep, my ex- went by using some excus got my room mates to allow her to say good night to son, who was already asleep,. when i returned home i found thing in my room where son was sleeping that suggested that she may have had other thoughts of endangering my legal freedom. the next day,which was sunday, i confrounted her and informed her that due to her actions that night that i wanted to reverse to agreement, and she said that she would agree. on monday son had dr appt she had to take him to and when i went to where she was living i found out that she wasn't there, and from that day i haven't seen or hear from her or my son( attime when she left she was pregant with my child" suppose to be twines") what i need to know is this.... i think, after seeking houndreds of people seaches, i might have found her whereabouts and now im affraid that if i try to contact her or my son, who will be 18 in august, that i may have to 1 pay all that back child support. 2 she may disappear again and this time i may never find my son and 3 i might get a wild hair knowing it's her and try to go to her location and make attempt to seeing son and things go wrong and i end up freedomless. any advice would be greatly accepted and taken with much thought. thank all who can help.
Well yes, if you were ordered to pay child support and have not been doing so, you are in arrears and she can go after you for those arrearages. If she had the twins and they are yours, she can also go after you for child support for them.

Your son is almost 18, which means that very shortly it will be 100% his decision whether or not to develope a relationship with you. However, you may have two younger children. Have you no interest in them?

Showing up at her home unannounced would be a MAJOR mistake. DO NOT do that.

valkyrie_kate

Well

Unfortuneately, she can get you on the child support sadly. Which I don't think anyone really feels is fair.

The best thing, if you do want to try and win custody, honestly, would be difficult considering your son will be 18 soon. I would try to contact him if it were me. Try to contact him without the mother knowing. But be very careful, you have no idea how traumatic it might be, or what kind of person his mother has made you out to be?

Silverplum

YOU need to SHUT UP!
YOU don't speak for "anyone" here, and YOU don't know the first thing about family law. YOUR "advice" is LEGALLY AND MORALLY WRONG! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Unfortuneately, she can get you on the child support sadly. Which I don't think anyone really feels is fair.

The best thing, if you do want to try and win custody, honestly, would be difficult considering your son will be 18 soon. I would try to contact him if it were me. Try to contact him without the mother knowing. But be very careful, you have no idea how traumatic it might be, or what kind of person his mother has made you out to be?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">