• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Joint Custody VS Primary/Secondary Custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bobles

North Carolina - consent order reads "... primary physical placement shall be with the Plaintiff/mother and secondary placement shall be with the Defendant/father. However, the best interests of the children would be served by granting joint custody to the parties." I gave my girlfriend permission to have my 4 year old daughter's ears pierced as per my request. The mother has charged my girlfriend with "Body Piercing without the consent of a custodial parent." Am I not a custodial parent? Will the charges stick?

LegalBeagle

bobles said:
North Carolina - consent order reads "... primary physical placement shall be with the Plaintiff/mother and secondary placement shall be with the Defendant/father. However, the best interests of the children would be served by granting joint custody to the parties." I gave my girlfriend permission to have my 4 year old daughter's ears pierced as per my request. The mother has charged my girlfriend with "Body Piercing without the consent of a custodial parent." Am I not a custodial parent? Will the charges stick?
Yes you are, but she could argue that this was a decision that should have been made by both parents. You need to research and read up on what joint custody means.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

No, I'm sorry. Time is up. I'm going to have to flip all the cards over.

It's his belly button. The doctor was blind and left this really long OUTY - - so now, he's got this "wrecking ball" dangling from it.

Yuck !

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">