• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Judge Changed his Mind!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

U

Ukiah

JUST VENTING... And enjoying the moment...

I talked to my Attorney who suggested that I pay the court transfer fee's to get the case out of the old county ASAP. Before the X tried to file anything. I did, and went to the courthouse early friday to do that. The court Clerk told me that the Judge changed his mind. Instead of splitting the case into 2 seperate cases, he wants to send the WHOLE case to the new county!!

I think this is GREAT!! Because not only is it out of the county, it is also out of the Family Support office where the X's wife works. I made mention of the fact of difficulty in receiving information from FSD and joked that the FSD probably begged to let the support portion of the case go too!!

Anyways, I also spoke to my daughter's teacher's and showed them the emails which I got from the X and his wife, which state that they aren't going to go out of their way to give me information, then saying they will try, then giving wrong info, than a final email stating that they are no longer going to have email. All with in a few weeks! Talk about confusing!

At the suggestion of one of the teacher's I talked to the Vice-Principal, who wasn't clued into the problem. In my trying to explain everything, I inadvertantly let the cat out of the bag, so the school now knows that my daughter doen't live in the old county...

The X called me prior to going to the school and told me that they moved back to the old county. When I asked for the address, he refused. Well, I found out that not only did they not move back, but my daughter was in the vehicle with him when he called to tell me they did move. She told me after I picked her up from school last friday, and made me promise not to tell them that she told me. I kept my word...

I'm just glad that both cases are out of that county now! My daughter seems to be getting more excited about the possibility of living with me. She says she'll miss her half-brother's, but doesn't like living with her father. She said that as long as she can go visit them that she will be fine with that. I told her the decision is ultimately up to her as to where she wanted to live. I also let her know that if she chose to continue living with her father, that I wouldn't be mad, I would treat her the same way as I always have- with love.

The school wants to have a meeting to resolve the situation, but no matter what we agree upon, it isn't legally binding, and I feel that I may get screwed. I found some codes that I can use in my defense, as well as promote my reasoning to have all school information and to receive and review school records, but I can't force them to cooperate.

UKIAH

[Edited by Ukiah on 03-19-2001 at 05:43 PM]

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Sounds like terrific news to me !

Well, it sounds like your legal research is paying off. Next stop - - law school.

Congratulations . . . but the Saga continues . . .

IAAL

U

Ukiah

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Sounds like terrific news to me !

Well, it sounds like your legal research is paying off. Next stop - - law school.

Congratulations . . . but the Saga continues . . .

IAAL
Yeah, I thought so too! I didn't want to let the Court Clerk know how elated I was, so I played it off pretending I didn't care.

I still plan to attend some osrt of paralegal or Legal Assistant classes, and then from there, who knows... I'll be on here giving real legal advice!

Look out Erin Brockovich...LOL :D

I feel like I'm in a sopa opera, where the hell are those camera's anyway?? As long as they aren't in the restroom, I don't care!!

Stay tuned to 'Ukiah's Misadventures in Legal Land'

Next scene... a "meeting" with the principal of my daughter's school.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">