• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

JUDGEMENT OF PATERNITY FLORIDA

• Thread starter bubblen brown surgar
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bubblen brown surgar

Paternity has been determined (florida) not the biological father

My husband had a paternity test performed and it was ruled and determined that he was not the biological father. When the child was born he assumed it was his child and he signed the birth certificate and the child was named after him. What steps do we need to go through to get the last name change and to get my husband's name removed from the birth certificate.

LegalBeagle

Re: Paternity has been determined (florida) not the biological father

bubblen brown surgar said:
My husband had a paternity test performed and it was ruled and determined that he was not the biological father. When the child was born he assumed it was his child and he signed the birth certificate and the child was named after him. What steps do we need to go through to get the last name change and to get my husband's name removed from the birth certificate.
When did he sign the BC. What was the DNA test done. Was the DNA test court ordered ? Are we talking about your child or did your husband father a child with someone else ? ie, not married to ?

B

bubblen brown surgar

The BC was signed the day the child was born. This is a child that was fathered before our marriage. The test was court ordered and it was done June 2000. The mother was trying to get my husband for child support and he decided he wanted to get the test done. Because a few years ago the mother made the statement that he was not the father. So now I have tried to reason with my husband and just ask him to leave the child name alone just have his name taken off of the birth certificate. But he states he wants his name back so we can give that name to our son.
He feels that is where it belongs. If this makes any sense.
No they were never married. We got married in 1998 and are expecting our own son.

[Edited by bubblen brown surgar on 03-09-2001 at 09:00 AM]

LegalBeagle

The BC was signed the day the child was born. This is a child that was fathered before our marriage. The test was court ordered and it was done June 2000. The mother was trying to get my husband for child support and he decided he wanted to get the test done. Because a few years ago the mother made the statement that he was not the father. So now I have tried to reason with my husband and just ask him to leave the child name alone just have his name taken off of the birth certificate. But he states he wants his name back so we can give that name to our son.
He feels that is where it belongs. If this makes any sense.
No they were never married. We got married in 1998 and are expecting our own son.

[Edited by bubblen brown surgar on 03-09-2001 at 09:00 AM]
The after the court ordered DNA test, was there a hearing ? At that point, it should have been ordered to have his name taken off the b/c. If not, then he need to petition the courts for such. Forget about the name, it is not his and he does not own it.

B

bubblen brown surgar

What form do we use to petition the court for the BC. Thanks for your time and assistance. One last stupid question do we have to petition her also. They never issued a court date nor did they ask him about the BC. We have only been told they don't know what to do?

Thanks again from confused in Florida.

[Edited by bubblen brown surgar on 03-09-2001 at 12:02 PM]

LegalBeagle

What form do we use to petition the court for the BC. Thanks for your time and assistance. One last stupid question do we have to petition her also. They never issued a court date nor did they ask him about the BC. We have only been told they don't know what to do?

Thanks again from confused in Florida.

[Edited by bubblen brown surgar on 03-09-2001 at 12:02 PM]
Retain an attorney. Why? because if there has been a mistake in the procedure, he could end up paying CS for the next 16 years regardless. I strongly suggest you get an attorney to inv.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">