• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Just got married, how do i change my name?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cyndrz632

What is the name of your state? Washington

Ok i live in WA. I just got married and i want to take my husbands last name. I was told to fill all the marriage documents out with my maiden last name so i did. I have been researching and some websites say to sign the marriage license with my husbands last name and some websites say to just get a certified copy of marriage license then take it in with proper photo identification to a social security office. I just wanted to find out which one is true.

Gracie3787

What is the name of your state? Washington

Ok i live in WA. I just got married and i want to take my husbands last name. I was told to fill all the marriage documents out with my maiden last name so i did. I have been researching and some websites say to sign the marriage license with my husbands last name and some websites say to just get a certified copy of marriage license then take it in with proper photo identification to a social security office. I just wanted to find out which one is true.
Take your marriage certificate to the DL office, and the SS office to have your name changed. You'll also need to change your name at your banks, and on any titles to autos or property. It's really an easy process, but rather time consuming.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">