• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Just a question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sqrlklr04

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

My Sister, who lives in Illinois, is dateing a man whose Wife cheated on him and got pregnant by the man she cheated on him with. I have heard that since the baby was born while my sisters boyfriend and his wife were married that by law he is the Father of the child...is that true?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

My Sister, who lives in Illinois, is dateing a man whose Wife cheated on him and got pregnant by the man she cheated on him with. I have heard that since the baby was born while my sisters boyfriend and his wife were married that by law he is the Father of the child...is that true?
Answer: Yes

LdiJ

Answer: Yes
I agree. In some circumstances paternity could be disestablished, particularly if the biological father wants to establish his paternity, but until or unless that happens, he is daddy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">