• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

K1 visa

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ambreen

My name is Ambreen and I am Pakistani national. I was engaged with U.S national person (Umar) in 2011. I went to U.S on K1 visa in 2012. All of sudden my father fell ill and I had to come back to Pakistan in emergency without getting married with my fiancé but I got pregnancy. My son born in Pakistan and has got U.S nationality through C.R.B.A. I and Umar (my fiancé) want to be in relation again. Do we need to initiate whole process of K1 visa category from very start or we can continue previous one? Please let me know one thing more that do Umar need to visit Pakistan again which is one of the requirements of K1 visa or not?

FlyingRon

I assume you mean that Umar is a US Citizen (nationality is bigger than citizenship)? Once you're 90 days are up on the K-1, your only option is to start again. There's no extension or renewal.

Alternatively, you can marry Umar outside the US and then he can apply for you to gain residence as a spouse.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">