• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Kathryn 813

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kathryn813

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I plan to marry in March. I have state and national licenses (health care) in my current name (I kept my married last name after a divorce 4 years ago because of the paperwork involved in changing licenses). Do I legally have to take my husbands last name and if I don't will it go down on my credit/legal record as AKA or DBA?

Isis1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I plan to marry in March. I have state and national licenses (health care) in my current name (I kept my married last name after a divorce 4 years ago because of the paperwork involved in changing licenses). Do I legally have to take my husbands last name and if I don't will it go down on my credit/legal record as AKA or DBA?
you do not legally have to take your new husband to be's last name.

on a personal note, i'd invest some time in doing it as it's not your maiden name you are keeping, but your ex-husband's. but that's just me.

as for the license portion of your question, wait for other senior replys.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Why would you get an AKA or DBA name as anything but your own unless you are using your new husband's name for something legal?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">