• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Keeping Mother in Law from kids

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

PARedneckgrl

What is the name of your state? PA

My question to all of you is if it is legal to get it in writing or something that my mother in law can not be around my kids at all even if my husband and I divorce? She is a horrible, nasty woman who has nothing to do with MY kids but is always around all the other grandkids and when she is around anyone that has to do with me, she bad mouths me, etc. I don't want my kids around someone like that and as deceiving as she is, I don't trust her either. It's no secret we do not get along and she is a big trouble maker. Although i might be grasping at nothing here, is that something that I as a mother can do and if my husband does also sign, in the event we should ever divorce and he becomes demented enough to contact his mom, can he reverse his signature on it? Hopefully i didn't sound too confusing and I am just looking for some suggestions. Thank so much

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
It's unlikely something like that would hold up in the event of a divorce and your husband's decision to reinvolve his mother in his & the children's lives.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">