• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Kicking someone out

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pbear4

What is the name of your state? [Illinois] I don't know if I'm in the right place or not, but I need help! I have let a guy live with me for about 45 days rent-free b/c he needed a place to stay. We became "involved" but it hasn't been working out. He has not changed his address to mine, he does not pay me rent, he just need a place to stay and store his stuff. I have asked him numerous time to move out. He refuses, b/c of his financial situation and tells me I can't MAKE him leave. He has become drunken and a pain, coming in at all hours of the morning. I have notified the police and they have told him to leave. I live in Illinois and don't know the laws here. He was told he could make arrangements to get his belongings, but must be accompanied by an officer of the law. He is threatening to take me to court. Where do I stand??? [/COLOR] :

nextwife

TRy posting this in the Real Estate Forum, likely Landlord Tenant Laws to verify that this arraingement did not give him any "tenant's rights". I would presume that living FREE of any agreement, not having paid any rent or security deposit, etc, he has failed to establish any tenant's rights. The RE experts there may have more insight.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">