• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Kids and girl friend

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bird8551

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia
The judge told me that my kids can't stay with me and my girl friend that I live with. And now when i have the kids i just go to my mothers. my girl friend is pregnant now does that change anything?

Last edited:

Neal1421

We would need to know why the judge initially ordered that your children couldn't stay with you to accurately answer that question.

ecmst12

Her being pregnant doesn't change anything, it just shows you learned nothing from your past mistakes. If you were to marry your gf, that MIGHT change things, but we would need to know exactly what your order says.

Just Blue

The judge told me that my kids can't stay with me and my girl friend that I live with. And now when i have the kids i just go to my mothers. my girl friend is pregnant now does that change anything?
Are you still LEGALLY married?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Are you still LEGALLY married?
Considering he posted under this section, I am going to guess that he is still legally married and his new girlfriend is his adulterous lover. Hence, there is a no paramour order prohibiting the children from being around the adulterous partner.

Just Blue

Considering he posted under this section, I am going to guess that he is still legally married and his new girlfriend is his adulterous lover. Hence, there is a no paramour order prohibiting the children from being around the adulterous partner.
But...but...but...OFTEN they post in the wrong forum.;)

LdiJ

That would be his best case scenario. His worst case scenario would be that the new girlfriend was similar to the new wife in Dawn's case, and was banned from being present for cause.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
That would be his best case scenario. His worst case scenario would be that the new girlfriend was similar to the new wife in Dawn's case, and was banned from being present for cause.
True, she could be banned for cause which getting pregnant is not going to do anything to allow her around the children. But if she is banned for cause that means she is not actually the most upstanding person in existence and he may want to re-examine having children with her. Oh, too late.

dannyt

overstepping gf

or maybe his gf was overstepping when it came to the kids and needed to learn her place.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">