• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

In Law Problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

glover73

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York My wife and i have been living in my in laws house for the last four years.They own a home in Florida.We had a verbal commitment from them to purchase the house.They have now changed their minds and no longer want to sell us this house.They promised to reimbuse us for the renovations we have done to the house while living here.If they do not reimburse us do we have any sort of legal action against them???

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York My wife and i have been living in my in laws house for the last four years.They own a home in Florida.We had a verbal commitment from them to purchase the house.They have now changed their minds and no longer want to sell us this house.They promised to reimbuse us for the renovations we have done to the house while living here.If they do not reimburse us do we have any sort of legal action against them???
Sure - you can sue them.

LdiJ

Have you been paying them any rent? Paying the property taxes? How much money did you put into the home?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">