• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Laws for obtaining a restraining order against a step parent in Kentucky

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

Gilly Bean

I am asking for a friend, not for myself. He and his wife have been divorced for 8 or 9 years. She is re-married to a guy, who has been in thier life for 8 years, though I am uncertain as to how long they have been married. My friend and her have two daughters together, ages 14 and 11. In the time the guy has been in thier lives, there have been no problems with abuse of any sort.

A week ago, he took the elder daughter on a hunting trip, and on the 2nd day, it was raining, so they stayed inside the cabin. The ended up watching movies, and had pulled out the sofa bed, so they could lay down. Well, she fell asleep, and when she woke up some time later, he was spooned against her back, with one hand down her pants.

Now, she of course freaked out, and right now is living with her father (my friend) rather then in with the mother and step father. The step father maintains that it was an accident, and that he must have been sleeping when it happened, though the daughter said he was awake when she woke up to find him doing that.

The mother is standing by the belief that it was an accident. Protective Services is investigating, but so far, no one will do anything about the younger child who is in the home still. She is 11, as mentioned above, and he is worried over what the step father might try with her.

One thing that was mentioned briefly was seeing if he could obtain a restraining order barring the step father to be near his children.

In the state of Kentucky, is this possible? What would it mean or do when the child resides with the person who would be restrained? Time is, of course, of importance in this issue.

I am new here, and so I will try to check back, but well, an email may be quicker. My address is: [email protected]

Thank you for your time, as I (and I am certain my friend) will appreciate it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">