• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

LAWYER IS NOT WORKING IN MY BEST INTEREST

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

STRUZ

MY LAWYER HAS PROMISED FOR OVER A YEAR TO SUBMIT A SHOW CAUSE TO RULE BECAUSE MY EX-HUSBAND HAS NOT PAID CHILDCARE OR INSURANCE PREMIUMSTO ME. THE EX-HUSBAND OWES ME ALMOST $6,000. THE LAWYER DID NOT SUBPENA PENSION STATEMENTS. THE CASE WENT TO TRIAL AND THE LAWYER USED 1999 PENSION DOLLAR AMOUNTS FOR THE EX-HUSBAND AND 2000 DOLLAR AMOUNTS FOR ME. MY PENSION WAS NOT SPLIT BETWEEN MARITAL AND NON MARITAL PROPERTY. THE LAWYER WILL NOT GET THE CHILD SUPPORT CHANGED FROM A FIXED DOLLAR AMOUNT TO THE 25 % FOR TWO CHILDREN. IN EFFECT, I AM LOSING MY PERCENTAGE OF MONEY DUE FROM PAY RAISES AND BONUSES DURING THE LAST TWO YEARS. I HAVE PAID HIM HIS FEES BUT NOT RECEIVED SERVICES THAT I REQUESTED. HELP! WHAT DO I DO TO GET BACK INTO COURT? I HAVE LOST TRUST IN MY LAWYER. HOW DO I KNOW THAT MY LAWYER IS ON THE UP AND UP?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

1. Do not use caps -- it denotes shouting
2. If you do not trust nor like your attorney or feel your attorney did not rep your best interests and did you a disservice, then you have the absolute right to fire him any time.

3. If the proceedings have concluded with you losing out on your rightful contributions by ex, you have two things to do: 1. hire a new attorney to appeal based on a number of items the attorney will tell you: inadequate counsel, false paperwork/inaccurate etc. Hopefully this might help if the old attorney preserved anything for appeal
2. File a complaint against this old attorney and sue for malpractice. Your damages would be the amount you WERE seeking but for your attorney's negligence, you would have received.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">