• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it legal for a 16 year old boy legally married to a 23 year old girl to have sex?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dannyo013

I live in Washington and am getting legally married to my 23 year old fiance. I am 16 and would like to consummate (to make a relationship complete by having sexual intercourse) our marriage on our wedding night. I need to know whether or not it is legal for us to do so. :confused: Thank you.

cyjeff

Yes... upon marriage you will become emancipated.

You won't become any smarter, but you will become emancipated.

You Are Guilty

I would like to know what town in Washington is so full of 23 year old women that they have resorted to having sex with children? And I strongly suspect that the police would also like to know.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Not unless a Superior Court judge signs an order waiving the age requirement, you're not legally getting married in Washington at the age of 16.

cyjeff

Either a troll or there is one 23 year old out there that is about to find herself on the pointed tip of a very awkward and/or unexpected question.

LdiJ

I live in Washington and am getting legally married to my 23 year old fiance. I am 16 and would like to consummate (to make a relationship complete by having sexual intercourse) our marriage on our wedding night. I need to know whether or not it is legal for us to do so. :confused: Thank you.
If somehow it is possible for the two of you to get legally married (which seems highly doubtful) then yes, it would be possible for you to consummate your marriage legally.

A legal marriage is a legal marriage.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">