• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal age to move out in Georgia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

saltydavid

We live in Georgia and our 17 year old son has decided to move out. Can he do this on his own? If so, are we liable for any thing he does?

M

MISSY MATHENY

age 17

well many years ago the age was 17 i dont know if it still is i am trying myself to find some age info, good luck

L

lcollins

The age of majority in Georgia is 18. You could be held liable for the actions of your son in some cases. Being close to the age, it's possible that he will be held as an adult, however it's not definite. If you don't want your son to move out, you may want to contact Family and Children's Services and see if he can be reported as a runaway. If it's okay with you that he goes,and you just want to cover yourselves from any legal problems he may get into, ask an attorney what your best course is.

BeachBabe9989

Ummm I Have A Question.

I was woundering, I'm going to be 17 in July and my mother and I are fighting ALOT. She's kicked me out twice and changed her mind. So she called the police and said I was a runaway. My friends mother said that she will take me in when it is legal. So my question is, can I legally move out at 17?
Thank You For Reading This,
Ashlynn S.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">